FAQs > Installation> Q11: Do I need to connect cables for iDrive knob?
If your car with OEM iDrive knob, that is no need to connect the iDrive knob.
Just keep all connections as before, then will be fine.
Some of our android screens do contains an iDrive connector, such as the android screen for BMW X1 E84, Z4 E89, etc, because these car types with two versions, one of them just contains a storage box (without original screen), thus, when we design the power cable with an iDrive connector, in order to connect the aftermarket iDrive knob.
- Q1: Are there any BMW navigation installation guide?
- Q2: Can I install the BMW android screen for myself?
- Q3: How long to install the android screen usually?
- Q4: Do I need to program or code my BMW?
- Q5: Do I need to disconnect the car battery before install?
- Q6: The original radio functions work after replaced with an android screen?
- Q7: My car was installed with other aftermarket kits, can I keep them?
- Q8: Why and how to move the optical fiber to android power connector?
- Q9: Why connect the OEM LVDS cable to the android screen? If the car without LVDS, what should I do?
- Q10: Why connect the AUX cable to the AUX-IN port under the armrest box?
- Q12: How to install the backup camera?