FAQs > Installation> Q8: Why and how to move the optical fiber to the android power connector?
For the car with an external amplifier, the sound work through the optical cable. But when you install the android screen, the optical cables were removed from the OEM head unit, thus, you have to move it to the android power cable (the same position), only this way, it can continue to work as before.
If you don’t move it to the android power cable, usually, the OEM radio no sound in speakers, of course, there is no sound in the android mode as well.
Click here to learn more about the optical cable and how to move it.
Video demo: https://youtu.be/vYsAzrzpPsQ
- Q1: Are there any BMW navigation installation guide?
- Q2: Can I install the BMW android screen for myself?
- Q3: How long to install the android screen usually?
- Q4: Do I need to program or code my BMW?
- Q5: Do I need to disconnect the car battery before install?
- Q6: The original radio functions work after replaced with an android screen?
- Q7: My car was installed with other aftermarket kits, can I keep them?
- Q9: Why connect the OEM LVDS cable to the android screen? If the car without LVDS, what should I do?
- Q10: Why connect the AUX cable to the AUX-IN port under the armrest box?
- Q11: Do I need to connect cables for the iDrive knob?
- Q12: How to install the backup camera?